Did you know?
- Of 32,000 verses in the Bible, only five directly mention homosexuality.
- The Qur'an only directly mentions homosexuality once.
- Leviticus, the book of the Bible which stipulates death for homosexuality, requires the same punishment for adultery, pre-marital sex, disobedient children and blasphemy.
- The Biblical Jesus does not condemn homosexuality.
- The destruction of the Biblical city of Sodom was due to their mistreatment of strangers.
- The Bible never condemns same sex marriage.
- The Biblical David and Jonathan had a formal same-sex union.
- 'Traditional marriage' in the Bible includes polygamy.
- No known sacred text forbids same sex marriage.
- Very few sacred texts even mention homosexuality.
- Hindu and other far eastern sacred texts do not condemn homosexuality.
- Homosexuality is not unnatural, it is practised by hundreds of species of animals.
-LGBT from Sacred Texts
I have a binder full of texts from my Gender, the Body and Sexuality in Christianity. There are some interesting greek words Paul uses, that arguably may apply to homosexual practices. You are right about the biblical jesus. Early Christianity is a revisionist myth, like George Washington and the cherry tree. 1st and 2nd Christianity should always be referred to in the plural. Christianity was not a monolith Berashith. ;)
Poor Christianity was abused, by Rome (although not even close to the extent of common belief), and when absorbed by Rome, it became the beaten child turned abusive parent. Had Jesus not been killed by Rome, he surely would have been slain by his Loyal Followers. Hate the sin, love the sinner? Fuck that. Show me sin, and if it harm no one... empirically, then blow it out your ass.
Good page of bible quotes from my professor. Funny at the bottom. Ah, college in Oregon. Paradise.
more for your (gay) head.
Post a Comment